Hong Kong Art Week 2018
Featuring Art Basel and Art Central, as well as a host of other art events, Hong Kong Art Week has become Asia’s unmissable contemporary art fair.
Enjoy VIP access to both Art Basel and Art Central, and get to know some of the exciting private galleries that have grown up around Hong Kong. Visit the recently-opened M+ Pavilion, a stunning edifice which has accelerated the development of the dynamic West Kowloon Cultural District.
Note: this tour is designed as an optional extension to The Critic’s Choice: China and Taiwan tour, but may also be booked separately.
For those arriving from The Critic’s Choice – China and Taiwan tour, arrive in Hong Kong in the late afternoon and transfer to the hotel in Kowloon.
For those arriving in Hong Kong from Australia or New Zealand today, make your way to the hotel in Kowloon. Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your travel arrangements.
In the evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Enjoy a morning and lunch at leisure. In the afternoon, take the ferry to Art Central on the harbourfront for a special VIP preview of the fair. With more than 100 galleries exhibiting and 75% of its artists hailing from the Asia-Pacific region, since its foundation in 2015 Art Central has rapidly become a fixture on the Hong Kong artistic calendar and a standout in the region.
The evening is at leisure.
In the morning, explore the collection of private galleries housed in the beautiful Beaux-Arts building at 12 Pedder Street.
After lunch at a local restaurant, the afternoon is at leisure to continue exploring the antique shops, private collections and galleries of Hollywood Road – or to return to Art Central for a second visit.
Visit the M+ Pavilion in Kowloon. Completed in 2016, the spectacular, mirror-glass building of the M+ Pavilion displays rolling exhibitions of contemporary art, from major thematic shows to the works of local Hong Kong artists.
Take the ferry to Art Basel, Hong Kong’s heavyweight of contemporary art, for a special VIP preview of the exhibition. Founded in 2007 as the Hong Kong International Art Fair, Art Basel is credited with transforming Hong Kong into a major world centre for contemporary art, and the fair attracts more than 3,000 participating artists each year.
In the evening, enjoy a special farewell dinner with James and fellow travellers.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to Hong Kong airport.
*International airfare not included if booked separately from The Critic’s Choice – China and Taiwan tour
**Single travellers may request to share. Please advise at time of booking.
Final payment due
24 January 2018
Please see booking conditions for fitness level definitions.
If not joining from The Critic’s Choice – China and Taiwan tour, please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for current airfares and flight reservations.
Australian and New Zealand passport holders do not require a visa to visit Hong Kong.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in a centrally located hotel with breakfast daily (B)
- Meals as per itinerary (L = Lunch, D = Dinner), including wines
- Admission to Art Central and Art Basel and ferry between Kowloon and Hong Kong Island
- Comprehensive sightseeing including local guides and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Transportation throughout on comfortable air-conditioned coaches
- Airport/hotel transfer if joining from China and Taiwan tour
- Hotel/airport transfer on departure
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Hotel porterage (one piece per person)
Tour price does not include
- International airfares (please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
- Airport/hotel transfer on arrival if not joining from China and Taiwan tour
- Airport porterage
- Items of a personal nature, including telephone, laundry, taxis, minibar, room service etc.
- Travel insurance (a condition of travel; please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
Kowloon – Sheraton Hong Kong *****
NB: A hotel of a similar standard may be substituted.