Designed as a post-tour to From the Italian Alps to Puglia, this tour can be booked on its own.
This tour is organised by the Foundation & Friends of the Botanic Gardens in partnership with Renaissance Tours.
Arrive in Ravello in the afternoon, and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant in the evening.
In the morning, explore Ravello with an orientation walking tour. Visit Villa Rufolo, whose 13th century origins are evident in its Arab-Norman tower and Moorish cloisters, and whose terraces look out over the Bay of Salerno. Villa Rufolo’s gardens overflow with terraces of orange, red and pink blossoms, shaded by palm trees so typical of Mediterranean gardens, and the villa’s architecture inspired the stage design for Wagner’s opera Parsifal. After the conclusion of the walking tour the remainder of the afternoon is at leisure to explore the town at your own pace.
In the evening, attend a performance by the Ravello Concert Society of sonatas by Rachmaninov and Chopin in the Annunziata Historic Building, constructed in 1281.
Explore Villa Cimbrone, quiet hideaway of DH Lawrence, Winston Churchill other famous figures, whose Mediæval-style castle-palace incorporates elements inspired by Saracenic, Byzantine, Moorish and Renaissance architecture. Its garden features a 500 metre-long central nave shaded by cypress, acacia and arbutus, leading under a bridge hung with roses and wisteria, and the famous Terrazza dell’Infinito (Terrace of Infinity) belvedere onto the endless blue sea.
In the evening, enjoy a special farewell dinner with Sandy and fellow travellers.
Tour arrangements conclude after breakfast. Please see the hotel concierge for Naples airport or rail transfers.
If you wish to extend your stay, or travel elsewhere, Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your travel arrangements.
*Please note: This tour will only operate if there are a minimum of 10 travellers
*Single travellers may request to share.
Please advise at time of booking.
Final payment due
13 July 2018
Please see booking conditions for fitness level definitions.
Please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for current airfares and flight reservations.
Australian and New Zealand passport holders do not require visas to visit Italy.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in a centrally located 4 star hotel with breakfast daily (B)
- Meals as per itinerary (D = Dinner), including wine with meals
- Ticket to concert by the Ravello Concert Society
- Comprehensive sightseeing including local guides and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Transfer to Ravello on tour arrival if joining from main tour From the Italian Alps to Puglia
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Hotel porterage (one piece per person)
Tour price does not include
- International airfares (please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
- Airport/hotel transfer on arrival if not joining from main tour From the Italian Alps to Puglia
- Transfer from Ravello on tour departure
- Airport porterage
- Items of a personal nature, including telephone, laundry, taxis, minibar, room service etc.
- Travel insurance (a condition of travel; please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)