Adelaide Festival 2019
Join us next March for the 2019 Adelaide Festival, for performances by world-leading artists and ensembles, including Barrie Kosky’s international opera sensation The Magic Flute.
Seen by over a quarter of a million people since its premiere at the Komische Oper Berlin in 2012, Kosky’s The Magic Flute has been performed at the opera houses of Europe, North America and China, to critical success and acclaim.
Under the artistic direction of Rachel Healey and Neil Armfield, the Adelaide Festival has established itself as one of Australia’s cultural highlights. Spend seven full days in the company of classical music broadcaster Mairi Nicolson attending performances by celebrated musicians and ensembles in Adelaide’s Festival Theatre and historic Town Hall.
Enjoy a week in Adelaide during its festive best, while between performances visit local attractions in and around the city.
Arrive in Adelaide and make your way to the hotel. Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your flights and other travel arrangements.
In the evening, join Mairi and fellow travellers for a welcome briefing and pre-performance talk. Then, walk to the Adelaide Festival Theatre for the closing night’s performance of Barrie Kosky’s The Magic Flute, described as “a unique blend of German expressionism and British humour, of Weimar Republic cabaret and music hall, of animation and live performance”.
Spend a further six full days experiencing the artistic excitement of the 2019 Adelaide Festival. Attend concerts by leading musicians and ensembles, alongside dance and theatre productions.
Deepen your appreciation of the Festival performances with talks and discussions by your tour leader, ABC broadcaster Mairi Nicolson.
Additionally, choose from a selection of optional tours in and around Adelaide.
(Full Festival program details to be announced in October 2018).
Tour arrangements conclude after breakfast.
Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your travel arrangements, including any additional nights’ accommodation either before or after the tour.
*Single travellers may request to share.
Please advise at time of booking.
Final payment due
02 January 2019
Please see Terms and Conditions for fitness level definitions.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in a choice of two centrally-located superior hotels, The Playford or The Mayfair, with breakfast daily (B)
- Category 1 tickets for The Magic Flute and all other Festival performances included in itinerary
- Pre-performance talks by your tour leader, ABC broadcaster Mairi Nicolson
- Other meals as per itinerary (to be confirmed)
- Tips for local guides and drivers
Tour price does not include
- Airfares (please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
- Airport/hotel transfers on tour arrival and departure
- Optional tours
- Items of a personal nature (e.g. telephone, laundry, taxis, minibar, room service etc.)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended; please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)