Adelaide Festival 2020
Join classical music broadcaster Mairi Nicolson for the 60th anniversary of the Adelaide Festival in 2020 for performances by world-leading artists and ensembles.
The Festival’s hallmark production for 2020 is Mozart’s Requiem, which will be directed by Romeo Castellucci, in co-production with the Aix-en-Provence Festival. Also, to coincide with the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth attend a unique tribute to the life of this legendary figure performed by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and directed by acclaimed composer Brett Dean.
Then, enjoy an intimate chamber music programme at UKARIA, the purpose-built concert hall nestled amongst the Adelaide Hills, with world-class soloists and ensembles.
(Details of the performances in the 2020 Festival to be announced in late 2019)
Arrive in Adelaide and make your way to the hotel. Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your flights and other travel arrangements.
In the afternoon, join Mairi and fellow travellers for a welcome briefing and cocktail reception.
Tonight, enjoy the first performance of the Adelaide Festival.
Spend five full days experiencing the excitement of the 2020 Adelaide Festival, a year in which it celebrates its 60th anniversary. Attend concerts by leading soloists and ensembles, alongside ground-breaking dance and theatre productions, including Mozart’s Requiem, and The Sound of History, performed by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and directed by Australian composer Brett Dean.
Enjoy a superb series of chamber music concerts at the purpose-built UKARIA Cultural Centre, surrounded by the extraordinary natural beauty of the Adelaide Hills. Deepen your appreciation of the Festival performances with talks and discussions by your tour leader, ABC broadcaster Mairi Nicolson.
Enjoy the final week of the Adelaide writers’ week or explore the surrounding regions on an optional tour to the renowned d’Arenberg winery in McLaren Vale.
(Full Festival program details to be announced in late 2019).
Tour arrangements conclude after breakfast.
Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your travel arrangements, including any additional nights’ accommodation either before or after the tour.
*Single travellers may request to share.
Please advise at time of booking.
Final payment due
20 December 2019
Please see Terms and Conditions for fitness level definitions.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in a choice of two centrally-located superior hotels, The Playford or The Mayfair, with breakfast daily (B)
- Category 1 tickets for all other Festival performances included in the itinerary (performance details to be announced in late 2019)
- Pre-performance talks by your tour leader, Mairi Nicolson
- Meals as per itinerary (to be confirmed)
- Tips and gratuities
Tour price does not include
- Airfares (please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
- Airport/hotel transfers on arrival and departure
- Items of a personal nature (e.g. telephone, laundry, room service, minibar, taxis, etc.)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended; please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)