Post-tour of the Nasca Lines
Designed as a post-tour to Peru’s Cities of Gold.
This tour is part of the World Art Tours program organised by the Art Gallery Society of NSW in partnership with Renaissance Tours.
Depart Lima in the morning and drive south along the Pan-American Highway to Paracas. Arrive at the hotel in time for lunch.
Then, enjoy a spectacular flight over the famous Nasca Lines. Best viewed from the sky, admire the giant pre-Columbian geoglyphs that have perplexed archaeologists for centuries. Most of these mysterious geoglyphs were created by the Nazca people, living in the area from 200 to 700 CE. Consisting of over 300 different images, the lines are drawn in geometric patterns and animal shapes, including a hummingbird, spider and condor, and also feature plant species.
Please note: This flight subject to weather conditions. While we undertake to operate the visits as published, the order of visits between Nasca Lines, Ballestas Island and Huacachina is subject to change.
This morning, enjoy a boat tour to the nearby Ballestas Island, a collection of rocky islets housing a vibrant and colourful wildlife sanctuary including birds and an eclectic mix of larger wildlife such as sea lions, fur seals and Humboldt penguins.
Return to Paracas and continue to the hidden lagoon of Huacachina for lunch. Visit the village built around a small desert oasis and surrounded by sand dunes, before returning to Lima.
Arrive in Lima in the early evening and transfer to the hotel.
Transfer to the airport for suggested LATAM Airlines flights to Australia and New Zealand via Santiago (transfer included in tour price). Renaissance Tours or your travel agent can assist you with your flights and other travel arrangements, including any extra nights’ accommodation, either before or after the tour.
*Single travellers may request to share.
Please advise at time of booking.
Room category upgrade available on request; please enquire with us.
Final payment due
01 May 2020
Please see Terms & Conditions for fitness level definitions.
Australian and New Zealand passport holders do not require a visa to visit Peru.
Please contact Renaissance Tours for current airfares and flight reservations.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in four-star hotels with breakfast daily (B)
- Meals as per itinerary (L = Lunch, D = Dinner), including drinks with dinners
- Comprehensive sightseeing, including local guides and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Transportation throughout on comfortable, air-conditioned coaches
- Hotel/airport transfer on departure
- Lecture and talk with your tour leader, Julian Droogan
- Gratuities for local guides, drivers and wait staff
- Hotel porterage (one piece per person)
Tour price does not include
- International airfares from Australia/New Zealand (please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
- Items of a personal nature (e.g. telephone, laundry, minibar, room service, etc.)
- Airport porterage
- Travel insurance (a condition of travel; please contact Renaissance Tours or your travel agent for assistance)
Paracas – La Hacienda****
Lima – Hilton Miraflores****+
N.B. Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted.